In response to:
I am 63 years old, have an engineering degree and have never have a paycheck. I have pumped gas (owned a filling station) done carpentry/plumbing/electrical/ditch-digging (for my businesses or for my rental) and started and operated several other businesses. I pay the taxes, insure myself and have never had a government handout. It usually takes about 7-10 years before the government (local, state or federal) to regulate or tax independent businesses out of the market in favor of cronies. When I survey my accomplishments I am satisfied with what I have achieved. BUT I wonder what I might have managed to do if the rules did not change so often. And I hurt to think how many creative and innovative people are destroyed by the ever growing behemoth -- government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 13 hours ago