In response to:
I am 63 years old, have an engineering degree and have never have a paycheck. I have pumped gas (owned a filling station) done carpentry/plumbing/electrical/ditch-digging (for my businesses or for my rental) and started and operated several other businesses. I pay the taxes, insure myself and have never had a government handout. It usually takes about 7-10 years before the government (local, state or federal) to regulate or tax independent businesses out of the market in favor of cronies. When I survey my accomplishments I am satisfied with what I have achieved. BUT I wonder what I might have managed to do if the rules did not change so often. And I hurt to think how many creative and innovative people are destroyed by the ever growing behemoth -- government.
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 12 hours ago