Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
U.S. Court judges would have no jurisdiction in New Israel, so the fresh water presently dumped into the Pacific Ocean could be sold to New Israel to irrigate the millions of acres of arable cropland presently not being farmed in California. Living conditions for Californians who remain in New Israel would improve. Whom would you rather have farming the unused cropland of California: Liberals who think all food comes from a supermarket; or people who can make the deserts bloom in Africa, California and Nevada? Maybe we could drill OUR offshore oil, and stop sending money to the sandbox. We could bring our soldiers home from the sandbox, and they could return to their families.
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 59 minutes ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago