Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Wotan, You do understand that most mid-large size companies are what we like to call "corporations." Corporations have stock holders. When corporations earn money in excess of costs of production (that's called profit) they retain some as earnings and return some to their stockholders (called dividends). Some of the largest stockholders in the U.S. are called pension funds employed by UNIONS to manage money for their members. So you see, Wotan, the better the companies do, the more money they earn in profit, the greater their return on investment to their stockholders - people like the UNIONS! So if you are concerned for the Capitalist Class, take a look in the mirror of the UNION employee. Isn't capitalism great!
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 12 hours ago