I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
I am so tired of hearing the same ridiculous mantra that spending is so out of control. No one cared when bush was spending like a drunk in Vegas-opening a new gov. depts-homeland security, passing liberal education and medical plans with NCLB and Medicare part D, starting two wars-let me say that again-2 wars. No one made a peep. Now suddenly when a dem gets in office, spending is a problem and the solution. 'Let's cut entitlements. Let's make our country more like that of Mexico or Brazil.' I'm dubious of the motives. Sounds like a scam . The majority voted for tax cuts on the rich. That is what the president is asking for. I don't think it is unreasonable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 10 hours ago