I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
I am so tired of hearing the same ridiculous mantra that spending is so out of control. No one cared when bush was spending like a drunk in Vegas-opening a new gov. depts-homeland security, passing liberal education and medical plans with NCLB and Medicare part D, starting two wars-let me say that again-2 wars. No one made a peep. Now suddenly when a dem gets in office, spending is a problem and the solution. 'Let's cut entitlements. Let's make our country more like that of Mexico or Brazil.' I'm dubious of the motives. Sounds like a scam . The majority voted for tax cuts on the rich. That is what the president is asking for. I don't think it is unreasonable.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014