Blue Jay, though the elderly may be morally entitled to social security and medicare, congress has the legal right to cancel that "entitlement." And it is almost a certainty that as debt becomes greater that congress will indeed cancel it, though it will likely do so by degrees with some combination of of inflating the currency, upping the retirement age, decreasing medicare payments, further limiting what medicare will pay for, means testing of social security payouts, etc., etc. Unfortunately, the elderly didn't pay for their own benefits; they paid for the benefits of their parents, not to mention everything else congress has squandered money on over the years.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago