President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Gingrich's promise to make these activist justices accountable to Congress doesn't look so silly now. Of course that could have worked both ways though.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago