President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Gingrich's promise to make these activist justices accountable to Congress doesn't look so silly now. Of course that could have worked both ways though.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 3 hours ago