President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Gingrich's promise to make these activist justices accountable to Congress doesn't look so silly now. Of course that could have worked both ways though.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago