President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Gingrich's promise to make these activist justices accountable to Congress doesn't look so silly now. Of course that could have worked both ways though.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago