President Obama is still in campaign mode, traveling...
It appears to me that our country is now teetering the on edge of mob rule. We are a Republic with laws that are supposed to guarantee every citizen be treated equally. Our President goes out on his road tour and speaks every day about a need for a “balanced” approach to our financial problems, then demands the 2% of tax payers shoulder the burden of his failed policies, to the cheers of a large % of citizens. That’s mob rule. Since no one in Washington DC is interested in enforcing the Constitution’s demands. We are devolving into a snake oil salesman type campaign for our elected leaders. Whom ever promise the most free stuff wins. Except free is only free if your not paying, someone always pays.
We’ve all heard about the “fiscal cliff.” But what does it mean? The media won’t bother to explain it in any detail, and people aren’t looking it up on their own. So, a great many Americans think it’s a physical place, a vacation destination of some sort. I understand people are busy with their lives, but a majority of Americans just voted to re-elect President Obama, a man whose failed leadership created this harmonic convergence of economic mess that is the fiscal cliff. So I say, “To hell with it; let’s jump.”
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago