A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The decline of our once great Nation started when judges decided they understood that the Constitution was not adequate for modern times. Once it was accepted that judges could change the meaning of the words in the Constitution, we were on the road to decay. Activist judges have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with the good of the masses. We now have a Federal govt that is spending twice it’s revenues, so is raising taxes to hope to increase revenues to cover their excessive spending. They know their isn’t enough income to began to cover their spending, but at least it gives the politicians something to brag about, for a few day, until the truth appears once again.
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago