A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The decline of our once great Nation started when judges decided they understood that the Constitution was not adequate for modern times. Once it was accepted that judges could change the meaning of the words in the Constitution, we were on the road to decay. Activist judges have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with the good of the masses. We now have a Federal govt that is spending twice it’s revenues, so is raising taxes to hope to increase revenues to cover their excessive spending. They know their isn’t enough income to began to cover their spending, but at least it gives the politicians something to brag about, for a few day, until the truth appears once again.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014