A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The decline of our once great Nation started when judges decided they understood that the Constitution was not adequate for modern times. Once it was accepted that judges could change the meaning of the words in the Constitution, we were on the road to decay. Activist judges have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with the good of the masses. We now have a Federal govt that is spending twice it’s revenues, so is raising taxes to hope to increase revenues to cover their excessive spending. They know their isn’t enough income to began to cover their spending, but at least it gives the politicians something to brag about, for a few day, until the truth appears once again.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago