A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The decline of our once great Nation started when judges decided they understood that the Constitution was not adequate for modern times. Once it was accepted that judges could change the meaning of the words in the Constitution, we were on the road to decay. Activist judges have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with the good of the masses. We now have a Federal govt that is spending twice it’s revenues, so is raising taxes to hope to increase revenues to cover their excessive spending. They know their isn’t enough income to began to cover their spending, but at least it gives the politicians something to brag about, for a few day, until the truth appears once again.
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 20 minutes ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 3 hours ago