7. Teach our kids about the acts of heroes in times of crisis. Tell them about Newtown teacher Vicki Soto's self-sacrifice and bravery. Tell them about Clackamas mall shopper Nick Meli, a concealed-carry permit-holder whose quick action may have prevented additional deaths. Tell them about Family Research Council security...
In response to:
The left immediatly attack the NRA, 1st for not comenting on the Sandy Hook shootings. Then they turned up the heat after the NRA postion was reported. Attacking the only agency, I know of, that actually promotes gun safety. The fact that anyone of these loud mouth liberals in the media all send their kids to schools that have armed security, is just ignored while they attack the NRA for suggesting security for all public schools. This is a little like the left's demanding that our union controlled and failing public school system must remain under the thumb of unions, while they send their own kids to private scholls, to avoid the poor ecucation of public schools, they love.
These simple common-sense steps are adapted from a post I published on my blog after the horrific Newtown, Conn., massacre. Our hearts ache, but we are not completely helpless or hopeless in the face of evil and the unknown. And we are not alone. This Christmas, cherish life, keep faith and practice self-empowerment.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago