Murray, the No. 4 Democrat in leadership, made no promises Democrats would pass a budget with her at the helm, but she said she’s never turned down a job because it was too tough. “We are deep in discussion about what we need to do from now until the end of the year. That will totally determine our path forward. As I’ve said repeatedly, we’ve got to have a balanced approach. This election was about that: Our president ran on it, our numerous Senate candidates said...
In response to:
In any gathering where Patty Murray can climb up the leadership ladder to 4th place, is in need for some serious soul searching. The countries welfare is not at the top of their to do list. In the US Senate, on half of one third of our legal government, they refuse to obey our countries laws, yet spend all their time making laws for the rest of us, and expect us to follow their wishes. If the Republicans have any balls, they will stop everything in Congress until the US Senate obeys it’s own laws. PASS A BUDGET! That’s what dingy Harry & Barry would do.
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 27 mins ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago