The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
844 pages of meaningless words, agreed to in secret by such sterling crooks as Chuck Schumer, to make sure that like the ACA, no one will figure out what they did until it’s far to late. If they really wanted to end the flow of illegals, it wouldn’t have taken 844 pages. What the 844 pages were for, was to ensure the Democrats got that 11-40 million illegals voting for them legally, without all the fuss of hiding their votes. By the way history has shown us it’s easy to fool a Republican to go along with their schemes.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 21 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 23 hours ago