The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
844 pages of meaningless words, agreed to in secret by such sterling crooks as Chuck Schumer, to make sure that like the ACA, no one will figure out what they did until it’s far to late. If they really wanted to end the flow of illegals, it wouldn’t have taken 844 pages. What the 844 pages were for, was to ensure the Democrats got that 11-40 million illegals voting for them legally, without all the fuss of hiding their votes. By the way history has shown us it’s easy to fool a Republican to go along with their schemes.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014