Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
Well, we now allow people to do all that while drunk and being an EMT-Paramedic for 23 years, I have never been on a call of domestic abuse(resulting in injuries), a car accident with injuries, a bar fight, any kind of fight that involved somebody high on marijuana. If they were they were also buzzed with alcohol but never have I been on any call like the ones above when the person was high on marijuana.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 15 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 55 mins ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago