netzach: You believe in the Book of Abraham, Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith despite what in my view is a TON of evidence (just a small part of which is shown on that site I referenced) that leads most rational people to conclude that he was a fraud. That's OK. I don't think you are a bad person (unless you happen to be in the church leadership), just naive. If you choose to believe it, that's your prerogative. All I was trying to show is why I personally could no longer believe it. I really do wish it was true because I actually enjoyed my time in the church. As I said, the organization is great, and it's been a huge struggle for me to find another church that shares my beliefs but has the structure of the Mormon church. But in the end, I can't hang my hopes for eternal life on something I simply can't believe. I know many that can do that, but I just can't. The truth is what matters most when it comes to God.
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago