In response to:
OK, I'm not even going to pretend to understand all the accounting data, but I know at least one job that changed: mine. I went from part time to full time, officially, partly because my part-time job, after three months, had consisted of nearly 40 hours per week, each week. By law, I was a full-time employee. This situation occurred by necessity, being the main 3rd shift guy four nights each week, from 10 pm to 7:30 am (or 8:30 am when I actually clock out on days my manager shows up late). I wonder how many jobs when full-time because their employers didn't want to hire new part-time workers?
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago