In response to:
OK, I'm not even going to pretend to understand all the accounting data, but I know at least one job that changed: mine. I went from part time to full time, officially, partly because my part-time job, after three months, had consisted of nearly 40 hours per week, each week. By law, I was a full-time employee. This situation occurred by necessity, being the main 3rd shift guy four nights each week, from 10 pm to 7:30 am (or 8:30 am when I actually clock out on days my manager shows up late). I wonder how many jobs when full-time because their employers didn't want to hire new part-time workers?
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago