This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the name "Redskins." The same PC sub-group behind this protest also objects to "the Braves," "the Indians," and even the "Fighting Souix." The effort is to eliminate ALL references in American pop culture to Native Americans as warriors. Why? I believe it's because this would lend to the Native American "victim" status, so they can get more stuff from the Feds. It's to gloss over the crimes of the Natives against the Settlers (the other half of the benighted Manifest Destiny fiasco), and provoke "white guilt." Ultimately it's a part of the "Western Civilization is evil" mantra. It is another tentacle to draw us closer to the gaping beak of tyranny.
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 3 hours ago