Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
Reagan said: "The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program. Each time the cycle swings the right way, it is more heavily laden with eternal government programs. Many experts have said that once ObamaCare is fully implemented, it will be virtually impossible to repeal. Each 10 year cycle, we are less able to repeal the flood of regulations and laws that strangle our economy. What will be left 6 years from now? And don't forget Japan is way over the 10 year mark and still pursuing the same failed policies.
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014