Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
Reagan said: "The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program. Each time the cycle swings the right way, it is more heavily laden with eternal government programs. Many experts have said that once ObamaCare is fully implemented, it will be virtually impossible to repeal. Each 10 year cycle, we are less able to repeal the flood of regulations and laws that strangle our economy. What will be left 6 years from now? And don't forget Japan is way over the 10 year mark and still pursuing the same failed policies.
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago