Ms. Fluke did not testify about Government financed birth control. Her argument was that women should have an expectation that the prescriptions they get from their doctor will be covered by the health insurance those same women PAY FOR! That's not about entitlement. That's about FAIRNESS. That's just COMMON SENSE. It shouldn't matter that the prescription is for contraception. Women have a right to PRIVACY and AUTONOMY. A woman's school or job has no business trying to control or coerce her most intimate, personal and private healthcare choices. What was Ms. Fluke's connection to this UN Study? Do you really think she had something to do with it's research or writing?
Every so often, I share breakthrough stories about advances in “human rights” around the world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago