A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
In todays social and economic enviroment, finding a good man who can and is willing to support a woman and children is increasingly difficult. The divorce rate is 50% in some areas. Women pursue career and dating in an effort to secure financial stability in which to have and raise children and dating is the route to the hope of finding a compatiable mate for the long haul. So, what part of this do you not understand? Infertility often does not just :show up" later in life; for many, infertility begins in the teens. Being a mother is hard work and often older women are more apt to do the hard work of mothering. Give these women some credit; women are more than just baby makers. They are breadwinners, family members, etc.
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago