A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
In todays social and economic enviroment, finding a good man who can and is willing to support a woman and children is increasingly difficult. The divorce rate is 50% in some areas. Women pursue career and dating in an effort to secure financial stability in which to have and raise children and dating is the route to the hope of finding a compatiable mate for the long haul. So, what part of this do you not understand? Infertility often does not just :show up" later in life; for many, infertility begins in the teens. Being a mother is hard work and often older women are more apt to do the hard work of mothering. Give these women some credit; women are more than just baby makers. They are breadwinners, family members, etc.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago