A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
The writer speaks as if a full term delivery was possible, but in fact, most multiple pregnancies of 3+ or more fetus are often lost way before viability. It is rare to see triplets, let alone quads or higher when it comes to successful deliveries. Oh sure, some do survive, but the odds are greatly against this occuring. When I worked in a high risk OBGYN clinic several years ago, we had 3 set of triplet pregnancies in four years, none of the fetus survived beyond 25 weeks of gestation and in two cases, the mothers almost died of bleeding issues. I was so scary for all concerned. I do not envy these parent's choices, but making them feel bad about a very difficult situation does nothing, but create bad feelings.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago