CHARLOTTE, NC - Round two of the 2012 DNC is finally complete, following an interminable stemwinder from former President Bill Clinton. A few thoughts on the evening: Prior to the 10pm ET hour, the convention lineup was wholly unremarkable. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer both spoke for the second time this week. Why? These speeches lasted nearly six-and-a-half hours in total. Were retreads necessary? In any case, we heard from more abortion proponents, several union bosses, and a long list of unremarkable politicians. It was tedious in the extreme, especially the mindless Bain demagoguery. On to my "prime" prime-time...
In response to:
Listening to the media treat this guy as if he is some "great American" and SOOOOOOO popular with the American people...truly, the puke-meter doesn't go high enough. Like Mark Levin said- he isn't even under oath and he is STILL lying! Let us recall (and I was there)...Clinton and his awful wife were setting us up to do exactly what Obama has done. The ONLY difference was that Clinton was actually smart enough to read the writing on the wall when the reps took the Congress two years in, FORCED him to their way and dragged him, kicking and screaming, to welfare reform and cutting spending. The unfortunate side effect was that the reps saved his rear and his presidency and he was re-elected for 4 MORE years of scandal and disgrace.
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 4 hours ago