CHARLOTTE, NC - Round two of the 2012 DNC is finally complete, following an interminable stemwinder from former President Bill Clinton. A few thoughts on the evening: Prior to the 10pm ET hour, the convention lineup was wholly unremarkable. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer both spoke for the second time this week. Why? These speeches lasted nearly six-and-a-half hours in total. Were retreads necessary? In any case, we heard from more abortion proponents, several union bosses, and a long list of unremarkable politicians. It was tedious in the extreme, especially the mindless Bain demagoguery. On to my "prime" prime-time...
In response to:
Listening to the media treat this guy as if he is some "great American" and SOOOOOOO popular with the American people...truly, the puke-meter doesn't go high enough. Like Mark Levin said- he isn't even under oath and he is STILL lying! Let us recall (and I was there)...Clinton and his awful wife were setting us up to do exactly what Obama has done. The ONLY difference was that Clinton was actually smart enough to read the writing on the wall when the reps took the Congress two years in, FORCED him to their way and dragged him, kicking and screaming, to welfare reform and cutting spending. The unfortunate side effect was that the reps saved his rear and his presidency and he was re-elected for 4 MORE years of scandal and disgrace.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago