It's been a rough few weeks for Wal-Mart. As you may or may not have heard, the retail giant hit a bump, facing a DOJ bribery probe for allegedly violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act while attempting to expand in Mexico. The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or FCPA, criminalizes bribery of foreign governments by corporations in the United States. Wal-Mart stands accused of greasing the palms of Mexican government officials to the tune of $24 million, then turning around and attempting to stymie an internal investigation into the matter. Now the Mexican federal comptroller is reviewing the permits that Wal-Mart...
In response to:
The foreign "we are better than you act" has been in place over 30 years. We have the same political bonus plan but it's called campaign contributions. All politicians are open to bribes, its just how the bribe is defined. If Walmart would unionize, this would all go away.
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 16 hours ago