A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
This is typical anti-business Leftist hogwash.
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago