Where Is John Galt?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 30, 2012 10:49 PM
It's selfishness only if you think it is. Government forcing people to support others through taxation is selfishness. Choosing to do so willingly through agents of your own choosing is not. Probably the worst acts of selfishness are committed by Liberals and Democrats who feel empathy and sympathy for the the poor but expect others to do the giving through force. One need only look at the tax returns of Joe Biden, the Clintons, (they logged contributions of Bill's Boxers!!!) and the charitable works of Christian Conservatives. They consistently contribute 2-3 times what Liberal "churches" give. Compare PCUSA and PCA church tithes for instance. Or ELCA and Wisconsin Synod. Those with no attitude of gratitude give the least.

Can it be un-American to be a Christian?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 30, 2012 10:05 PM
Repentence is possible with your last breath.

Can it be un-American to be a Christian?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 30, 2012 10:04 PM
Semper Fi from a SEABEE.

Can it be un-American to be a Christian?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 30, 2012 10:02 PM
About the only thing I can think of that will make a difference is that this publicity will result in a much better bottom line for Chik Fil A. I've never been to one but I have been convinced to give it a try whatever day I want. Others I have spoken to have said the same thing.
Whata moron for a judge. I have had 11 operations since 2000. Each time I was knocked out before I hit the operating room onlt to awaken in rocovery up to 3 hours later. There's no pain. This is just a dodge from a Leftist judge.
My other issue with him is he never shuts up. He never lets a guest complete a sentence and talks over them or asks another question before they've finished answering the first one.
This isn't the first issue O'Reilly has been wrong on. For a long time I didn't bother to watch him and I am back to that position again.

In the Long Run, Is the GOP Dead?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 1:34 AM
That's why I believe it is best to leave. An example of people refusing to leave an organization because they think they can bring it to its senses and save it would be the various mainline church denominations, PCUSA, ECUSA and ELCA for example. These people reused to leave and the churches collapsed anyway. They burned through their time and treasure and in the end they were kicked out by being ostrasized. Bye bye.

In the Long Run, Is the GOP Dead?

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 1:15 AM
A journalist of the 1930s once said after Roosevelt'ss freebie schemes had been enacted, "We now have two classes of citizen. Those who work for a living and those who vote for a living." It's time to shrug off this work thing and look elsewhere for the Protestant Work Ethic. I think Costa Rica is looking better every day. Perhaps Goa, India.

Hollywood's War on Chicken

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 12:53 AM
Damn right.

Hollywood's War on Chicken

Robert54 Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 12:52 AM
Tacos are in a shape Gays like.