There's a reason gun sales are through the roof, gold advertisements are everywhere, products like survival seeds have started to creep into the edges of our consciousness, and Doomsday Preppers now runs on National Geographic. It's the same reason people have started asking about ways to hedge their money against inflation and which countries they can flee to if America falls apart. A decade ago, the idea that America could economically collapse because of a default on its debt seemed ludicrous, but we now know it's entirely possible that the country could turn into Greece within...
We could debate the reasons, but I now think that we can no longer avoid very troubled times, with entitlement riots, chaos and blood in the streets We shall be very lucky indeed to avoid fiscal collapse, followed by social and political collapse. It will require more sacrifice and tolerance for pain now to avoid worse future pain than I see in most politicians or most voters. I have pulmonary fibrosis, an eventually terminal illness, so I shall likely slip out in advance of the collapse. But I fret for my granddaughter. I will link to this from my Old Jarhead blog. Robert A. Hall Author: The Coming Collapse of the American Republic All royalties go to help wounded veterans For a free PDF of my book, write tartanmarine(at)gmail.com
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 7 hours ago