Over the past two months, Europe's problems seem to have disappeared from the headlines. However, the new French Socialist government is pushing ahead with policies that favor significantly higher government spending, greater regulation of business and commerce, and severely higher taxes on high earners. The long term effects of these policies, which I believe will lead to further economic decline, may be given fresh scrutiny if France is drawn into a lasting conflict in West Africa as a result of its surprise intervention in Mali last week. The financial discussions that will certainly accompany a longer term strategic commitment to the...
In response to:
That's "linchpins," not "lynchpins."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 8 hours ago