Over the past two months, Europe's problems seem to have disappeared from the headlines. However, the new French Socialist government is pushing ahead with policies that favor significantly higher government spending, greater regulation of business and commerce, and severely higher taxes on high earners. The long term effects of these policies, which I believe will lead to further economic decline, may be given fresh scrutiny if France is drawn into a lasting conflict in West Africa as a result of its surprise intervention in Mali last week. The financial discussions that will certainly accompany a longer term strategic commitment to the...
In response to:
That's "linchpins," not "lynchpins."
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 2 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 16 hours ago