As predicted, the Democrats' refusal to cut any spending other than the military only delayed the inevitable. Now, as is already taking place in Greece, France and Spain, deep cuts must take place or the government will shut down. The fiscal cliff agreement and the Budget Control Act of 2011 called for sequestration on March 1st if an agreement on how to pay down the deficit was not reached. The sequestration mandates $1.2 trillion in spending cuts across the board throughout most of the federal government over the next decade. The only way to prevent sequestration is if the Democrats and...
The republican lawmakers are allowing the democrats to frame the sequester argument with this nonsense of "finding a balanced approach." It sounds reasonable, but what it actually means is "We'll pretend to cut spending while actually raising more taxes to generate more revenues to increase spending." Agreeing to their "balanced approach" would be akin to finding an unconscious man on a beach and while administering CPR, a liberal walks up and says, "CPR alone won't work. You need a balanced approach. Let me pour more water down his throat while you are performing CPR." For some reason the Republican legislators haven't figured out this absurdity.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago