Janet Napolitano inflicted her worst damage against the United States as Attorney General and Governor of Arizona. When citizens of Arizona passed an open primary initiative in 1998, Janet Napolitano proposed that if Republican legislators moved the Presidential Primary to February, she could provide an opinion that independent voters could not vote in the Presidential Primary because it was not mentioned by name in the open primary initiative. Republican legislators moved the Presidential Primary to February and then Republicans rewarded the Attorney General by selecting her as Governor over their own nominee, Matt Salmon for governor in the election of 2002, In 2005 Janet Napolitano signed into law a Senate bill that removed the option to register independent from the Arizona voter registration form with the following effect on independent voter registration in Arizona: 2000-2002 107,715 2002-2004 165,771 2004-2006 26,384 Through all of this, the news media portrayed Janet Napolitano as the greatest friend independent voters ever had.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014