Al Gore slithered out of the political morgue to bemoan nationwide heat records and pimp his new "Climate Reality Project," which blames global warming for the wildfire outbreak. NBC meteorologist Doug Kammerer asserted: "If we did not have global warming, we wouldn't see this." Agriculture Department Undersecretary Harris Sherman, who oversees the Forest Service,...
Madison v. Marbury 1803 was when the Supreme Court took control of all legislation in the United States. The English were able to abolish slavery because William and Mary stopped all interference with Parliament by English courts, which had been encouraged under the Stuart Kings, James I, Charles I, Charles II, and James II because they were all trying to weaken Parliament. In England all that had to happen was and act of Parliament signed by the king, and slavery was abolished. Compare that with what happened in America. Congress could not abolish slavery because the Supreme Court had put itself in charge of legislation through judicial review, and the Supreme Court was upholding slavery with decisions like Dred Scott.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Good news: The Waldo Canyon fire, which forced 32,000 residents (including our family) to flee, claimed two lives and destroyed 347 homes, is now 100 percent contained. Bad news: Radical environmentalists won't stop blowing hot air about this year's infernal season across the West.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 11 hours ago