Most parents would agree that protecting your children from harm and doing everything possible to set them on a path of success and happiness are fundamental parental responsibilities. From the moment our children are born, their welfare becomes an almost singular obsession. Countless hours are spent dreaming about and planning for their future. We tell our children that they can be anything they want to be – the sky is the limit! Of course, as all parents quickly realize, things don't always go as planned. We make mistakes. Our children make mistakes. Life gets thrown off course. The challenge, then, becomes...
Well, don't be so greedy, then. Designate some of your abundance to help the people you say you are so concerned about.
- Obama administration looking to crack down on Iranian-sanction evaders while still lobbying lawmakers Erika Johnsen 55 minutes ago
- Boehner slams righty PACs over budget deal again: “Frankly I think they’ve lost all credibility” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan to Rubio: Try reading the budget bill before you criticize it, okay? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Do ObamaCare refusers skew a bit older? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama issues executive order to triple government’s renewable-energy usage by 2020 Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Maryland exchange director resigns, was on Caribbean vacation when it imploded Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago