Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
When we were bombarding Wonsan in Korea we had dozens of ships in the 7th Fleet including carriers, destroyers, cruisers, and battleships of the class that has now been retired. Obama and his acolytes seem to want to depend on drones to protect America and the vulnerable sea lanes! At one time the British ruled the waves and the ocean routes. Is America, like Great Britain, now retiring from that critical mission?
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago