Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
When we were bombarding Wonsan in Korea we had dozens of ships in the 7th Fleet including carriers, destroyers, cruisers, and battleships of the class that has now been retired. Obama and his acolytes seem to want to depend on drones to protect America and the vulnerable sea lanes! At one time the British ruled the waves and the ocean routes. Is America, like Great Britain, now retiring from that critical mission?
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago