The problem with the SAT and GPA is that they do not necessarily show how good a student you are, or how much academic ability you have. Through my own experiences all the way from high school to graduate school, I learned that grading is not always fair and that it is often nothing but a crap shoot . Grade inflation exists, but it's a little-known fact that the opposite of this exists,too .
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 13 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago