Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Redistributiuon of wealth ? Ha ! The republicans in Washington have been redistributing wealth for ages in America. But they do it as reverse Robin Hoods, stealing from the poor and middle class to make the rich even richer . And you can be absolutely certain that if Mitt Romney is elected this November, he,Paul Ryan and his whole administration will not only continue being reverse Robin Hoods, but do an even more efficient and devastating job of making it even harder for hte poor to escape poverty and easier for the middle class to sink helplessly into poverty . And they will hypocritically blame the victims and accuse them of being "lazy".
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago