There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
This is breathtakingly stupid . There ARE a great many genuinely poor people in America who live lives that are anything but filled with the kinds of luxuries Williams describes . And to say that "the average poor person has more living space that the non-poor in Sweden,France and the U.K. is eyond idiotic . Sweden ! one of the most advanced and prosperous nations on earth ! Unbelievable ! The poor in America may not be as destitute as those in India and other third-world nations, but they are genuinely poor, and struggling to get by .
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago