If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Rondeau is dead wrong . It's not the Obama administration which threatens our freedom but right-wing extremist politicians and the evil religious right, the American Taliban . If they got their way , homosexuals would not only be denied civil rights but actually persecuted , abortion would be illegal yet rampant , and poor women would routinely die at the hands of dangerous back-alley abortionists . Students in school would be required to pray and sit through Bible readings even if they were not Christians and taught creationist poppycock and superstition as scientific fact . There would not be "limited" government at all , but unlimited power for the government to pry into our bedrooms and women's reproductive organs .
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 30 mins ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 3 hours ago