If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Rondeau is dead wrong . It's not the Obama administration which threatens our freedom but right-wing extremist politicians and the evil religious right, the American Taliban . If they got their way , homosexuals would not only be denied civil rights but actually persecuted , abortion would be illegal yet rampant , and poor women would routinely die at the hands of dangerous back-alley abortionists . Students in school would be required to pray and sit through Bible readings even if they were not Christians and taught creationist poppycock and superstition as scientific fact . There would not be "limited" government at all , but unlimited power for the government to pry into our bedrooms and women's reproductive organs .
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 12 hours ago