In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
To comapre Roe v Wade to the Dred Scott deciciosn is absolutely idiotic . This is a blatantly false, unfair, and intellectually dishonest comparison . Contraceptives PREVENT abortions . To be opposed to both abortion and contraceptives is idiotic . Until America greatly decreases poverty it will never be possible to cause the baortion rate to plummet . The republican party has consistently blocked these necessary measures and yet has th e nerve to demand that abortion become illegla again. How hypocritical can you get ? Even if Roe had never happened, there still would have been countless illegal abortions .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago