In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
To comapre Roe v Wade to the Dred Scott deciciosn is absolutely idiotic . This is a blatantly false, unfair, and intellectually dishonest comparison . Contraceptives PREVENT abortions . To be opposed to both abortion and contraceptives is idiotic . Until America greatly decreases poverty it will never be possible to cause the baortion rate to plummet . The republican party has consistently blocked these necessary measures and yet has th e nerve to demand that abortion become illegla again. How hypocritical can you get ? Even if Roe had never happened, there still would have been countless illegal abortions .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 11 hours ago