I will make just two claims: 1) The political-journalistic assault on Judge Bork was indecent, slanderous, and hysterical -- a disgrace to ethics and standards all across the board; and 2) it ought to have warned us...
All intelligent and fair-minded Americans should be profoundly grateful that the late, unlamented Robert Bork was not confirmed . He was opposed to rights for homosexuals, had no probvlem with desperately poor women dying at the hands of back-alley abortionists, and was even opposed to the legality of contraceptives for MARRIED couples . He was an evil ,nasty, and mean-spirited man . Good riddance !
It's always best, I find, not to talk too rapturously about Ye Olde Days: days which, on careful inspection, yield evidence of problems aplenty. I won't assert, therefore, that no public figure ever received in earlier times a public evisceration comparable to that inflicted on the late Robert Bork, presidential nominee in 1987 to a seat on the U. S. Supreme Court.
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago