I will make just two claims: 1) The political-journalistic assault on Judge Bork was indecent, slanderous, and hysterical -- a disgrace to ethics and standards all across the board; and 2) it ought to have warned us...
All intelligent and fair-minded Americans should be profoundly grateful that the late, unlamented Robert Bork was not confirmed . He was opposed to rights for homosexuals, had no probvlem with desperately poor women dying at the hands of back-alley abortionists, and was even opposed to the legality of contraceptives for MARRIED couples . He was an evil ,nasty, and mean-spirited man . Good riddance !
It's always best, I find, not to talk too rapturously about Ye Olde Days: days which, on careful inspection, yield evidence of problems aplenty. I won't assert, therefore, that no public figure ever received in earlier times a public evisceration comparable to that inflicted on the late Robert Bork, presidential nominee in 1987 to a seat on the U. S. Supreme Court.
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago