Come summer, the flags will fly and the fireworks will pop, and bands will ring out “Stars And Stripes Forever.” But these don’t seem to resonate in the broader culture anymore, the way vampires and zombies do. Year-round, TV and the movies are awash in the blood of horror flicks. Horror fiction seems to outsell everything else, for teens and adults. And in many neighborhoods, people seem much more excited about spooking up their homes for Halloween than they do about sprucing them up for...
What a crock of you-know-what ! The Bible has doen infinitely more harm to America swince its founding than any amount of pornograhy, sleazy movies, halloween parties , and trashy television programs ever could in a million years . The bible has turned so many Americans into vicious homophobic bigots, self-righteous busybodies who think they have the right to poke their slimy little noses into other people's bedrooms, something which movies and television certainly don't do . It has made so many Americans horribly ignorant, narrow-minded,intolerant and religiously fanatic ,unlike popular culture . I'll take popular culture, however trashy, any day over the stupid Bible.
Sometimes, I wonder if Halloween is supplanting the Fourth of July as our national holiday.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago