North Korea: According to a knowledgeable source, the vice minister of the People's Armed Forces was among senior officers executed by firing squad early this year for drinking alcohol and sexual carousing during the mourning period for former leader Kim Chong-il.
A government investigation ascribed to Kim Jong-un reportedly caught a dozen generals, including a deputy chief of the Army General Staff and the commanding officer of a frontline corps. All of them were accused of drinking liquor during the mourning period or being involved in sex scandals or both.
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago