The Radical Nature of Love

Robert1495 Wrote: Dec 13, 2014 3:24 PM
The "fortunes of the Church" do rest on the shoulders of one Man, but since He is God also, He can do it! (That's Jesus I'm talking about)

The Radical Nature of Love

Robert1495 Wrote: Dec 13, 2014 3:21 PM
Matthew 22:36-38 - Jesus talking about the greatest commandments: " 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' 37 Jesus replied: ' "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." ' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF (emphasis mine).'" If you can't love yourself how can you love others and God?

The Radical Nature of Love

Robert1495 Wrote: Dec 13, 2014 2:58 PM
AGREED!
One of those TIMES.
I have never wished death to ANYONE, even certain politicians. However there have been several times that I have wished, for certain deserving people, instant and permanent poverty! And this is one of those time ......
i want to know A) Who sang this?! and B) Who lip synced it in the video?! I will be sure to never buy any sort of music either of those people do in the future!

UC Silent When Prof Trashes Free Speech

Robert1495 Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 11:55 AM
A few things: I'm grateful I DON'T HAVE children! And I used to work in the public education system - I'm retired and glad I'm out of it. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for those who disagree with conservatives to start actually making physical assaults on their supposed enemies. If I recall correctly, that's the way that both Communism and Nazism both went to to achieve their domination.

The Death of Opera

Robert1495 Wrote: Nov 11, 2014 4:34 AM
Opera, huh? You mean that supposed drama thing where people get stabbed and instead of dying they sing for 45 minuted? Opera is the most unrealistic dramatic form ever invented, at least as it's performed these days. "It's the singing that is important, not the drama!" was the angry comment when I said something similar to one of my college music profs. And as for "Waiting for that The-Nice-Side-of-Nazis opera, Adams! It'll be a HUGE hit!", check out "The Producers - The Musical" by Mel Brooks.

The Proper Theology Of Voting

Robert1495 Wrote: Nov 02, 2014 11:22 AM
"Do not love the world, or anything that is in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of God the Father is not in him." How much plainer can it be? Jesus' mission was to remove those of faith from the world; Jesus made the world completely irrelevant to faith. Being directly opposed to things you think of as worldly, and fighting them by doing just the opposite, is actually being controlled by the world! "Come out from among them, and be separate." "We must obey God rather than man." It can't be any more definite than that!
"Jesus can change your heat but stupid is forever"