The United States came into being through mass movements of populations. The movements came in waves from all over the world and, depending upon the historical moment, they served differing purposes, but there were two constants. First, each wave served an indispensable economic, political, military or social function. The United States -- as a nation and regime -- would not have evolved as it did without them. Second, each wave of immigrants was viewed ambiguously by those who were already in-country. Depending upon the time or place, some saw the new immigrants as an indispensable boon; others saw them as a...
If one were to search the heart and soul of illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. from south of the border one would certainly find that they are here to better themselves. It goes without saying that this influx brings next to nothing to the U.S. and its costs are enormous. Search the heart and soul of those Americans who look upon these illegal immigrants with disfavor and you would certainly find that disfavor is based upon those here illegally and make themselves dependant on social welfare, educational, medical hand outs to sustain themselves. I take personal offence to someone(s) who are here illegally and draining the coffers designed to aid worthy Americans. It is my collective opinion that America cannot be the worlds bread basket.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago