The United States came into being through mass movements of populations. The movements came in waves from all over the world and, depending upon the historical moment, they served differing purposes, but there were two constants. First, each wave served an indispensable economic, political, military or social function. The United States -- as a nation and regime -- would not have evolved as it did without them. Second, each wave of immigrants was viewed ambiguously by those who were already in-country. Depending upon the time or place, some saw the new immigrants as an indispensable boon; others saw them as a...
If one were to search the heart and soul of illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. from south of the border one would certainly find that they are here to better themselves. It goes without saying that this influx brings next to nothing to the U.S. and its costs are enormous. Search the heart and soul of those Americans who look upon these illegal immigrants with disfavor and you would certainly find that disfavor is based upon those here illegally and make themselves dependant on social welfare, educational, medical hand outs to sustain themselves. I take personal offence to someone(s) who are here illegally and draining the coffers designed to aid worthy Americans. It is my collective opinion that America cannot be the worlds bread basket.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 10 hours ago