In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
If it requires a police state then a police state it is...go for it!
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 59 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago