In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
If it requires a police state then a police state it is...go for it!
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago