Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Colin Powell, a good example of the uselessness of 'affirmitive action.' Now here is a guy who never had an original idea in his entire life. He was nurtured and mentored by the Republicans and look how he ended up, he's too fxxking stupid to even be grateful. Without the Republican party he would have ended up as a thorougly mediocre and anonymous human being. Powell knew that his assistant (Richard Armitage) had exposed Valerie Plame as a covert CIA agent to Robert Novak, yet he and Armitage both sat there, kept their mouths shut and watched Scooter Libby go to prison for something he didn't do. Only in this country is a cowardly pig like this man given any esteem, anywhere else in the world he'd be hounded out of a country.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 8 hours ago