Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Colin Powell, a good example of the uselessness of 'affirmitive action.' Now here is a guy who never had an original idea in his entire life. He was nurtured and mentored by the Republicans and look how he ended up, he's too fxxking stupid to even be grateful. Without the Republican party he would have ended up as a thorougly mediocre and anonymous human being. Powell knew that his assistant (Richard Armitage) had exposed Valerie Plame as a covert CIA agent to Robert Novak, yet he and Armitage both sat there, kept their mouths shut and watched Scooter Libby go to prison for something he didn't do. Only in this country is a cowardly pig like this man given any esteem, anywhere else in the world he'd be hounded out of a country.
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 4 hours ago