Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
So, if the phones are considered to be "free" then a lie is being promulgated. We must demand that such welfare be recognized. Perhaps with a hard stencil on the body of the phone in this case, that honors those who have sacrificed their life blood through their labors, to allow these gifts to those in the wagons.
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago