Democratic presidents Woodrow Wilson and John F. Kennedy spoke plainly about the fact that higher tax rates on individuals and businesses did not automatically translate into higher tax revenues for the government. Beyond some point, high tax rates on those with high incomes simply led to those incomes being invested in tax-free bonds, with the revenue from those bonds being completely lost to the government -- and the investments lost...
So you choose to believe one report rather than History. That says more about you than the name you chose to use to post. How often are the CRS report proven accurate? How long has the CRS been in existence? Those of us with longer outlooks will rely on History.
There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike could talk sense about tax rates, in terms of what is best for the economy, without demagoguery about "tax cuts for the rich."
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago