It pays to work for the government.
Just ask the teachers in the Westerly, Rhode Island school district. The school committee just agreed to a new union collective bargaining agreement that doubles teachers’ pay in nine years.
Perhaps all the news we’ve been hearing about government schools lacking funds has been exaggerated.
The pay raises will come through adjustments to the annual teacher “step salary” schedule. There will now be nine steps up the salary ladder instead of 11, and each step will pay teachers more money than in the past. A lot more, in fact.
According to the
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago