It pays to work for the government.
Just ask the teachers in the Westerly, Rhode Island school district. The school committee just agreed to a new union collective bargaining agreement that doubles teachers’ pay in nine years.
Perhaps all the news we’ve been hearing about government schools lacking funds has been exaggerated.
The pay raises will come through adjustments to the annual teacher “step salary” schedule. There will now be nine steps up the salary ladder instead of 11, and each step will pay teachers more money than in the past. A lot more, in fact.
According to the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 9 hours ago