A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Someday, in the graveyard of dead nations a marker may likely read: Here Lies the United States of America 1776 - 2016 Born in Liberty, Died in Tyranny
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 14 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago