A leading Democrat in the U.S. Senate said the bones of an immigration reform bill will remain in place despite some anticipated tweaks. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said some adjustments to the bipartisan measure were inevitable but the "basic agreement" needed to remain intact. "We have got to basically stick to the standard of what we've established, what we've agreed over the last three months,"...
Marco needs to take the necessary steps to transform the Gang of Eight into the Gang of Seven. The border security priority that he insisted on looks very shaky at best; the costs of reform are prohibitive; and now Durbin is saying significant changes to the bill will not be welcome. Marco, please walk away from this! This will not end well, because the Dems won't allow it.
Sen. Dick Durbin -- Harry Reid's top lieutenant and one of four Democrats in the so-called 'gang of eight' -- says root-and-branch amendments to the proposed immigration legislation would be a non-starter:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago