Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
Once again, statistics are misleading. Canada has had a history of granting rights before official marriage to homosexuals. Even so, thousands have taken advantage of marriage in a country of not so many millions. And it is still early, anyway.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 6 hours ago