I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
The fact that the senior Paul is highly thought of by so many shows just how low the standards are.
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 11 minutes ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 3 hours ago