I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
The fact that the senior Paul is highly thought of by so many shows just how low the standards are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago