How We Told Our Kids About Sex

rmccarthy Wrote: Sep 01, 2014 10:30 PM
You can still choose to learn, one way or another, or find out why you do not.

The Shadow Universe Revealed

rmccarthy Wrote: Sep 01, 2014 1:36 PM
Most people don't even see what is right in front of them - why show them more?

How We Told Our Kids About Sex

rmccarthy Wrote: Sep 01, 2014 1:34 PM
"A trip is a fall and don't mention babies at all"

How We Told Our Kids About Sex

rmccarthy Wrote: Sep 01, 2014 1:32 PM
My children wondered why it so many things were okay for adults but not for children. I told them that things like sex, alcohol, drugs, smoking (and fire) were risky and the younger you get into risky behaviors the more dangerous they are. So, how much risk do you want? I had great faith in God and his allowing us all to learn the easy way or the hard way or not at all. However, when my children and other family members didn't seem to learn at all, I knew something must be wrong - and it was. We went from symptom bashing, a worldly pursuit, to getting to the root problem. That's where Jesus wisdom came in and all the pop psychology went out the window.

The Loss of Christian Empathy

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 12:37 AM
Perhaps your description of the current culture state of America is a direct result of too much "melting" in the pot. Seems our children know less and less of their heritage and cultural differences than us - and we might be as displeased as our parents or grandparents were with us? I suppose that greater freedom will lead to such.

On the Death of My Father

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 12:29 AM
The night before my Dad died, after taking him to emergency, He regretted his bout with alcoholism that led him to sell balloons at the parade "But Dad, I thought it was wonderful - we all went to the parade." And when he was hawking popcorn at the ball games. "Yeah, and we got to go to the ball game." "You worked hard and did a lot of good things." He went from trials and tribulations to a greater success than he realized and in doing so showed me the way to overcome my problems - through his example, the Salvation Army,and Jesus. And, yes, I lived long enough to better understand him and appreciate him.

Bob Dylan: A Prophet in Blue Jeans?

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 13, 2014 11:52 PM
Bob Dylan wrote songs without explanation and invited all to make what they wanted out of them.

Bob Dylan: A Prophet in Blue Jeans?

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 13, 2014 11:49 PM
The ideal two heterosexual parents who truly love one another and their offspring barely exists. Yet, it is used against those who can not fulfill such a dream. If you are an imperfect heterosexual, then love yourself, anyway. If you are an imperfect homosexual, then love yourself, anyway. Perhaps we can all love each other, anyway.
Oh God, I thank ye that I am somewhat less evil than all those others.

The Media Controls What America Sees

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 02, 2014 11:44 AM
The MEDIA, touted by themselves and academia as noble and necessary, never has been reliable or full of wisdom.

The Media Controls What America Sees

rmccarthy Wrote: Aug 02, 2014 11:42 AM
The Palestinian behavior is not NEWS it is old and believed only by the young and infirm - many know it is all lies.